MINE PLANNING SUPERINTENDENT – GOLD MINING
About Our Client
Helping our client who has a vision to grow into a respected and regionally dominant gold producer, managing a portfolio of gold mines and delivering significant value and returns for shareholders.Our client’s principal activities are gold mining and exploration in Indonesia.
- A degree in Mine Engineering from a recognized university;
- 10 years of experience in gold mining in a narrow vein and preferably underground as well as open pit environment;
- It is advantageous that the incumbent has a first class mine managers ticket;
- Can demonstrate sound knowledge of mine cost budgets from both an operational and capital cost perspective;
- Must have a good knowledge of mine scheduling software and be able to produce good quality documentation and presentations;
- Be able to produce life of mine plan (LOMP) updates as a minimum following the biannual review of exploration and resource model updates;
- Be able to transfer knowledge and experience to a team of engineers and add to their ongoing professional development;
- Must be willing to act for the mine manger during their absence and/or deputy mine manager;
- Have a good understanding of all mining related contracts;
- Have the ability to review potential underground and open pit mining opportunities; and
- If the position is international:
- a. the person must be able to demonstrate experience working in a tropical climate with water management experience; and
- b. a working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia would be an advantage.
- Reviewing of Resource models produced by the Geology and Exploration teams;
- Produce underground mining and open pit optimisations based on modifying factors for mining, processing and other overheads;
- Produce and sign off Mine Reserve documentation in line with Indonesian, JORC and/or other internationally recognised standards as internal Competent Person.
- Review geotechnical recommendations in line with identifying the minable portions of the Resource model and ensure long term plans are based on sound geotechnical assumptions;
- Produce and regularly update optimal mine schedules for use in budgeting, reforecasting and business plans taking into account all constraints of equipment, land acquisition, power line and river relocations etc and using innovations to reduce the effects of these constraints thereby improving the NPV’s;
- Have a working knowledge of the mine technicalities of water management, grade control, drill and blast, load and haul and mine planning technical functions;
- Be able to identify and communicate issues within the plan to the operations team and identify measures which can be utilised to mitigate potential issues in the future;
- Open pit and underground mining contract management;
- Mine dewatering and tailings management experience; and
- Actively train junior personnel, as well as cross-functional personnel, to fully appreciate all the technicalities of the position thereby creating ‘back-up’ personnel
- Ensure ongoing safety of the team through effective leadership, ongoing updating of procedures, use of JSA and Risk Assessments in collaboration with the mining team.