COO – Coal Mining – Expats or local
About Our Client
We are looking for COO with exposure in Coal Mining and willing to be based at East/ South Kalimantan, Indonesia. This position deals with coordinating the preparation and implementation of operational plans for the mine, and monitors and reviews the progress reports and controls Cost. The COO reviews the resource planning, production cost, operational efficiency and capital expenditure projects to expand capacity or improve operations and then seeks the approval from the Director Operations. This is a leadership role that heads the mine management team running mining operations, and is responsible for safety, quality, costs and achieving targets.
Objectivity of this role:
- Reviews the Preparation and implementation of the Mines Safety Plan in consultation with the MEMR regulations, Mines Team and the Business Partners Team members and regularly updates with any new Hazards (if any) along with a deliberation for the mitigation plan.
- Prepare the Dispatch Plan based on the Production Plan along with the Annual Cost and Revenue Budget for approval and seek approval from the Director Operations.
- Interact with the Clients/ Buyers and prepare and enable the Dispatch Plan.
- Liaison with the Mine Lessee, Railway Authorities, Transporters, Transport Associations for a smooth dispatch of Coal.
- Review the Production, Dispatch, Resource Availability and Cost incurred on monthly basis for final submission of the monthly report to the Director Operations.
- Responsible for regular review of the mine plan periodically with the updated surface plan, showing the workings of the faces assigned to them and carrying out joint inspection of the mines and suggesting the rectification steps with a responsibility matrix and time lines.
- 15 years of Minimum work experience and least 8 years as Operations Head in Coal Mines or similar industry.
- Any Degree from an institute of repute / Degree in Mining Engineering; Possess a minimum POM Certification, preferable POU Certification and KTT Certification from Ministry of Energy Mineral Resources Indonesia Republic (Dirjen Minerba);
- Hands-on experience in Mining Operations and SHE Systems in mining industry
- Knowledge on Coal Marketing, Mine Management, General Safety and Legislation
- Knowledge on overall Project Management.
- Leadership with ability to supervise and motivate a team; high degree of integrity and honesty in all dealings; Capable to groom successors; proven ability in storage, maintenance and use of plant and equipment on a loss-preventative basis; Drive to achieve the targets.
- Make efforts to build rapport with the Lessee, Government Officials and other Stakeholders for harmonious relations
- Review the reports, registers and other records required by the Mines Act and regulations made there under, MEMR, Explosives, Rules, Environment Registers, Labor registers and suggest the discrepancies if any and shall ensure for their immediate rectification.
- Support the Mines Manager for ensuring sufficient supply of proper materials and appliances for carrying out the provisions of the Mines Act and Mines Regulations and for ensuring the safety of the mine and the persons employed; orienting every competent person on the regulations, rules and bye-laws and taking all possible steps to ensure that every such person understands, carries out and enforces the provisions therein contained in a proper manner.
- Responsible for weekly personal supervision of the mining activities and record the result of each of his inspections and the action taken by him to rectify the defects mentioned; meeting all functional heads and other officials once in every week on matters connected with their duties.
- Review the enquiry report to cause and circumstances when any accident, resulting in serious bodily injury to any person
- Review the disciplinary actions initiated by the Mines manager against employees who contravene the provisions of the Act, regulations, rules and orders made there under and explain to the Director Operations for a final action to be implemented.
- Review the Submission of periodic returns before final submission of the documents to the Statutory Bodies.
If You Wish To Apply Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org